Which radeon rx 500 series gpus are vr ready?

the1reddog

Estimable
Mar 16, 2015
Im looking for the best and cheapest gpu for vr.
Msi 970a carbon mobo
8350 fx black ed. CPU
4x 4gb hyperx fury 1600
Samsung 850 evo ssd
2tb hdd
Evga super nova 750w

atljsf

Estimable
Jun 17, 2015
forget rx gpus, the price atm is like the price for a gtx 1080 or something like that

if you can afford a gtx 1070, that gpu is vr ready, allegedly, vr do need lots of gpu power, your gpu is on he minimum required for vr, so a decent gpu is a must in your case

Sakkura

Distinguished

A GTX 1050 Ti is enough with an Oculus Rift, or a GTX 1060 with an HTC Vive. But the step up to a 1070 is certainly worth it for the higher settings you can run.

Bit of a bad time for GPU purchasing though. :(

the1reddog

Estimable
Mar 16, 2015
Thanks for the sugestions! Right now GPUs are outrageously over-priced! I looked on newegg and they hardly have any GPUs. I hit one that was "out of stock" for about $230 and the same GPU popped up for over double the price. Wtf...

atljsf

Estimable
Jun 17, 2015
no, 2 rx 480 will cost more than the 1070

also work with two gpus is a really bad idea, some games won't support more than 1 gpu, some games work weird, very few will put load on both gpus, bad idea

the1reddog

Estimable
Mar 16, 2015
As im sure you can see im a novice when it comes to computer tech. Truth is a couple years ago id never even opened a computer case! Ive built a couple decent computers since then but im on a very limited budget, as ive said. Im the caregiver for a dear friend and we struggle to get by on her SSI but ive managed to piece together most of what i need for a vr ready desktop, all i need is a GPU. I believe that my friend could possibly benefit from such a system, and if not it wont be too hard to sell it i dont think. There are so many different opinions and ideas all from smarter people then me, but few seem to agree on what should be my best course of action, and now the price of GPUs seems to be skyrocketing, making my cboices even more complicated. I believe the GTX 1070 would be the best choice, but ill have to settle for the GTX1060, unless something else comes up...
Once again thank you for you input, this ol' biker was getting a headache reading specs and shopping (and i hate shopping)
Im going to be paying alot more attention to this site and maybe learn something huh?