Which should I use (older Laptops!)

cammers1995

Commendable
Mar 12, 2016
Hi! Before starting: I *DO* have plans to upgrade, but thanks to Xmas, home repairs, bills, etc at the moment, I simply cannot afford it. So, my only options are to stick to my current systems.

I am planning to sell one and use the other as my primary system, but they are both older laptops (2005/2006).

Here are the specs:
1st system: (IBM Thinkpad R52)
Intel Celeron M
Windows XP Pro
1GB Ram
128MB Video

2nd System: (HP Tc1100)
Intel Pentium M
Windows XP Tablet PC Edition
512MB Ram
32MB Video

Here is where I am stumped: Intel Celeron is, from what i've read, the weaker of the two processors. For the HP, I can upgrade the ram to 1GB if I order some on ebay. The only thing different is the video memory. Should I stick with the IBM Thinkpad that has the celeron processor but more video memory, or should I use the HP and upgrade the ram? (And btw, no, I am not installing Linux or an upgraded Windows. Tried, too laggy. I don't use it for anything more than videos, older games, and facebook. No banking)

cammers1995

Commendable
Mar 12, 2016
They do, supposedly. However, the Thinkpad has only 1 ram bay and I cannot find any 2GB Ram sticks of the size I need. I need a size PC2-4200. From what I've seen on ebay and amazon, they only come in packs of two 1GB sticks. That doesn't help, since I only have one Ram bay. I made that mistake a few months ago with this laptop when I ordered a supposed 2GB stick and they sent two 1GB sticks. Yea, it upgraded me from the original 512mb it had when I purchased it, but I wanted the max.