Which to get?

Jrv9480

Estimable
Sep 6, 2014
I'm in the market for a new laptop and unfortunately my budget is no more than $600 and it must be from Best Buy. I don't know much about laptops but I did a little research and it looks like an i5 processor may be best at that price range? I'm not much of a gamer so it will be for general use. I've been looking at these; also touchscreen is nice but not necessarily required. Any idea on the better quality out of these?

Dell i54476250slv $550 with price match. This one looks feature packed but not sure about Dell.
Toshiba e42b4200 $600.
Lenovo Yoga 2 11 pentium($440) i3(600)
Other options are welcomed

There are a couple Hp, Acer, and maybe even an Asus or two in that range I was looking at but not sure. Are these choices good and is the quality ok? I'm looking for pretty good speed, minimal freezing, glitches, etc.
Thanks for any help

Solution
Toshiba is out of the question, Toshiba always seems to have a ton of problems, trust me. The Dell laptop seems as if it would have poor battery life, since it has only a 3-cell lithium-ion battery rather than a 5 or 7. The i5 processor will do you well but has a low frequency (It has one of the "U" processors which save a lot of power but are less powerful. On the positive side, the Dell has 8GB RAM and it can even be expanded up to 16GB of RAM. The screen on the dell is 768px which is normal for laptop computers. Also, when the processor is under heavy tasks it automatically can increase its frequency using turboboost.

For your tasks the processing power is not to dire, and the i5 will be great for all your needs in the Dell...

turkey3_scratch

Estimable
Herald
Jul 15, 2014
Toshiba is out of the question, Toshiba always seems to have a ton of problems, trust me. The Dell laptop seems as if it would have poor battery life, since it has only a 3-cell lithium-ion battery rather than a 5 or 7. The i5 processor will do you well but has a low frequency (It has one of the "U" processors which save a lot of power but are less powerful. On the positive side, the Dell has 8GB RAM and it can even be expanded up to 16GB of RAM. The screen on the dell is 768px which is normal for laptop computers. Also, when the processor is under heavy tasks it automatically can increase its frequency using turboboost.

For your tasks the processing power is not to dire, and the i5 will be great for all your needs in the Dell! Can you give me a link to the exact Lenovo Yoga? I cannot seem to find it anywhere.

Solution

Jrv9480

Estimable
Sep 6, 2014
This is the i3 version
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/lenovo-yoga-2-2-in-1-11-6-touch-screen-laptop-intel-core-i3-4gb-memory-500gb-hard-drive-silver/5828007.p?id=1219163972869&skuId=5828007&st=Lenovo%20yoga2&cp=1&lp=2

I believe the cheaper one is the same but with Pentium
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/lenovo-yoga-2-2-in-1-11-6-touch-screen-laptop-intel-pentium-4gb-memory-500gb-hard-drive-silver/3297045.p?id=1219090034631&skuId=3297045&st=Lenovo%20yoga2&cp=1&lp=1
There are some Asus that I like but unfortunately best buy does not carry. Yeah I figured that about Toshiba as well. Only reason I had included it was because of the resolution but I will cross it off my list