Which Windows 8 tablet should I get?

DriveShaft815

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2010
I've been wanting to get a tablet for awhile now, and don't know which one to get.

I'm leaning towards a Windows 8 tablet, because it kind of looks and feels like more of a small PC as well as a tablet. I've seen my friend use his, and I've used it myself a couple of times, and the whole multi-tasking bit is nice; being able to watch videos on YouTube while checking Facebook or playing a game is awesome.

Also, it seems like almost every Windows 8 tablet has a detachable keyboard that you can buy separately (although pretty pricey). Which again, is something I'm favoring in Windows 8.

I'd rather have one that's more like a small computer, but the tablet itself can detach from the keyboard. Something that can use programs like Photoshop, Word, etc. and also be able to download native Facebook, Netflix, and other apps. Is there a Windows 8 tablet that can do that? If so, which one should I get?

Jmsully

Honorable
Aug 2, 2013
The Surface Pro has an Intel processor so it can run any Windows program as well as apps from the Windows Store. If you want something that can run those programs you listed, I would go for the Surface Pro. The Windows RT is cheaper but can only run Windows Apps cause it is running an ARM processor and it is not compatible with those programs you listed.

TRENDING THREADS