while playing games on battery game works fine when i plug in charger laptop turns off

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mujtaba_3

Commendable
Aug 17, 2016
I have dell inspiron 5559 laptop while i am playing games on the battery the battery everything is fine when i plug in the charger after 1. minute my laptop turns off

Solution
OK Try this...

1. When the laptop is booting go into BIOS.
2. Next go to "Power Management" and look for "Wake on AC" or "Power on AC".
3. Here you want to disable, or unclick, this option and you should be good.

NOTE: The wording may be different on your device, but this should change it so the laptop doesn't turn off when plugged in.
It sounds like your laptops sleep settings are set to turn off (or put it into sleep/hibernate) once the charger cord is plugged in.

1. Go into "Control Panel" and click the "Power Options".
2. Next to the plan that is currently selected click "Change Plan Settings".
3. Now click "Change Advanced Power Settings".
4. Locate the option for when your charger cord is plugged in and change any settings for it to never turn off.
5. Once you have done that, reboot and it shouldn't do that anymore.

Mujtaba_3

Commendable
Aug 17, 2016

sir there is no option for when your charger cord is plugged in
and when playing games on battery laptop fan is also slow and laptop doesnot gives hot air but when i plug charger laptop fan speed is increased and it gives much hot air than the battery .it used to work fine but from the time i posted a question here it has started turning off on charger but works fine on battery

OK Try this...

1. When the laptop is booting go into BIOS.
2. Next go to "Power Management" and look for "Wake on AC" or "Power on AC".
3. Here you want to disable, or unclick, this option and you should be good.

NOTE: The wording may be different on your device, but this should change it so the laptop doesn't turn off when plugged in.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.