Solved! Whine Noise in Speakers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Storx

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2008
I had this is months ago and for the love me couldn't figure out what was causing it, so i ended up using headphones to listen to things on my PC, because i was at a lost on how to stop the noise on my computer speakers. Before you say its the speakers, i actually took them in and had them swapped because they were still fairly new and the noise was present. Well that noise came back after months of being gone... thought maybe it just went away with a driver update or something.. but its back.. this time i have come to realize what is causing it. Last summer i replaced a 6k btu window a/c in my home office with a small 6k btu mini split that plugs into the 120v circuit just the same as the window unit. I have come to realize that this noise is coming from the mini split when the compressor kicks on to cool the room. I did some google searching, but very little came up. One site mentioned plugging the a/c into an "online uninterruptible power supply" so ran an extension cord from the a/c plug to the UPS i have for my computer and tried that with no change in the noise once the compressor kicks on.

Anyone have an idea on how to fix this?

Solution

Ruggo181

Commendable
Apr 17, 2016
Solution

Storx

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2008

I will have to look into that item, it says its no longer available (discontinued)

Ruggo181

Commendable
Apr 17, 2016

That's odd mate as it says it's in stock for me. Anyhoo, if you search for 3.5mm ground loop isolator, you should get a few hits.

Status
Not open for further replies.