White iPhone 4 Delayed by Manufacturing Glitch

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tinnerdxp

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2008
"White models of Apple's new iPhone 4 have proven more challenging to manufacture than expected"...
I mean... I simply cannot grasp this BS...
How could one colour be more challenging to manufacture from another?
Either way - just wait... in few months - white will be available for everyone for just ... $50 more ...
:)))

cekasone

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2009
Dude honestly, how hard is it to paint something white. I might as well go buy some spray paint or white out and do the job myself.

joebob2000

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2006
[citation][nom]digiex[/nom]Reason for the delay is that they are relocating the antenna.[/citation]

LOL just wait, the white Iphone 4 will be the "one that changes everything. again." with it's fully functional antenna design. They are waiting for the 30 day window of iPhone4-black purchases to pass, so they don't have a stack of 3,000,000 returns on their hands as everyone floods the AT&T store for a working version.

G

What's the point of making different colors anyway, if you need a case to use it?

hellwig

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
Makes you wonder. They can design the hardware in the phone, but they can't figure out how to manufacture a white iPhone case, or an extra couple million bumpers (remember, Steve said they can't make enough, for some reason)?

Didn't they have problems with white previously? Like the white iPads or something?

mrecio

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2008
Yeah the whole its harder to manufacture white than black is BS. they just decided do recall them before they were available to fix the antenna. seems obvious to me. Even if thats not true and apple is really having a hard time with making the phone white, do you really want to trust a company making a high end product that cant even get the color right?

shanky887614

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2010
the only way i could be tempted to get an iphone is if i was given one or picked one up for £50 at car boot (bran new in box)
and even then i wouldnt keep it for long as i would probably add it to ebay as soon as i got home

Gin Fushicho

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2009
[citation][nom]pirateboy[/nom]I heard the reception of these iFail devices gets better after you stick it where the sun don't shine. Just try it.[/citation]

It's uncomfortable. Can I take it out soon? How long does it have to stay?

ac21365

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2009
[citation][nom]TGDaily[/nom]Are you still going to be holding off until there's the classic-Apple-white version available?[/citation]

Nope, Droid X got here last week :3

pharge

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2009
[citation][nom]brett1042002[/nom]I'm already reading stories of glitchy reception/wifi signal, and a yellow display defect. I currently have a iPhone 3G, but the Droid X is looking better everyday.[/citation]
true

just be aware that some Droid X do have screen flickering and/or wifi problem.

belardo

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2008
"more popular"? WTF does that mean? There has to be more than 1 product to determine which is MORE popular? What retard from Apple wrote this crap?

In reality, they are probably FIXING their antenna issues, rather than make another "buggy" phone that would cause them problems.

Really... whats the point of the SEXY metal siding if IN THE REAL WORLD, it makes the phone problematic? And then you have to COVER it up with a rubber.

jerreece

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2006
Apple’s new iPhone 4 have continued to be more challenging to manufacture than we originally expected

I took the "white" part out so it makes more sense.

Maybe the "white" version will have a functional antenna... that must be the delay.

zachary k

Distinguished
May 14, 2009
[citation][nom]pirateboy[/nom]I heard the reception of these iFail devices gets better after you stick it where the sun don't shine. Just try it.[/citation]
you are holding it VERY wrong.

Luscious

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2006
Sucks being an Apple fashionista. I always laugh at people who buy technology just based on looks, especially when their devices get pwn3d by the competition.

"Hey I just got an iPhone 4. Can't make any phone calls but look - it's white!!!"

eddieroolz

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
Apple can't color their phones white? I guess they failed more than I thought.

Hey Jobs, why not pour a few million of that billions of profit of yours to hire actual engineers?

Status
Not open for further replies.