Solved! Why are my headphones not playing audio correctly in both sides?

Nov 6, 2019
Hello. Over the past few weeks I've been trying to figure out how to fix my audio problems, and I have yet to fix it permanently.

The main problem I run into is my headphones don't differentiate left from right. When I try and balance the levels of sound in the properties, the only way I can get it to sound correctly is by completely putting one side of the earphones all the way to zero. So balancing my sound doesn't seem to work. When both left and right are at the same level, I can hardly hear voices in videos, and only music or background noise is heard.

I have my headphones configured to stereo via the "configure speakers" option in the default sound panel. No change.

I have even uninstalled all my sound drivers, completely deleted Realtek from my computer, and nothing. Even updating the drivers doesn't work either.

I've also disabled all audio enhancements. And the headphones are my default device. I am using the default "High Definition Audio Device" driver now.

The weirdest part is that it seems to be random when I have these issues and when I don't. Some reboots, it works fine. Most of the time, it just will fail to work constantly.

Can anyone please help me? I don't know what else I can do.

Solution
Regarding the amazon reviews, most likely this headphones do have problems with the jack
some fell apart and some broke off, maybe yours were refurbished or dead on arrival
Nov 6, 2019
Did you try your headphones in another slot and tested in another device, like a phone?
I just tried these headphones in my phone, and they have the same problem still. What a shame... I bought these headphones 2 weeks ago from HyperX Cloud, and they were bought new. I guess I should return them, right?

Nov 6, 2019
Regarding the amazon reviews, most likely this headphones do have problems with the jack
some fell apart and some broke off, maybe yours were refurbished or dead on arrival
That's pretty unfortunate. I'll try getting a new pair. Hopefully they don't have the same problems. Thanks for the help!

Nov 6, 2019
Did you try your headphones in another slot and tested in another device, like a phone?
I actually want to touch upon one last thing. The HyperXCloud Stinger headset comes with a wire already inside the headset that is around 2-3 feet long. It also comes with a separate connection in which you can connect the base wire to this adapter or extension to make the wire split into a separate mic and headphone jack. Here's a photo example (not the actual thing.)
img_5bbe4470a4ad3.png

I notice that the volume is much louder when I'm using this adapter. Don't know if that's useful or not, I'm not great with audio.

Anyway, sometimes when I've unplugged the wire and put it into a different computer or my phone it magically works again! Other times it doesn't. I notice that shaking the wire will really make the audio change. But, that's only if I'm rough with it. I still think I should return these. Maybe I should give this model another chance and get a replacement. We'll see.