Solved! why does only the sound work and not my mic when i plug in my headphones to my laptop?

Apr 1, 2020
I use headphones with a mic built into them and when I plug them into my laptop the sound works fine but it continues to use my laptops default microphone. I went on control panel and I went on the sound option but the microphone is not there so i'm assuming it doesn't read it.

Solution
The problem might be when you only plug in the headphone jack and not the microphone, try using a adapter like this The product. If you don't have it try buying one from amazon search up mic and headphone adapter. Sorry for the late reply.
Apr 2, 2020
I use headphones with a mic built into them and when I plug them into my laptop the sound works fine but it continues to use my laptops default microphone. I went on control panel and I went on the sound option but the microphone is not there so i'm assuming it doesn't read it.

I had the same issue, this , this might help. Go to privacy settings and go to microphone tab and allow apps access to your microphone.

Ray_The_God0

Great
Apr 23, 2020
The problem might be when you only plug in the headphone jack and not the microphone, try using a adapter like this The product. If you don't have it try buying one from amazon search up mic and headphone adapter. Sorry for the late reply.

Solution