Why is my Antivirus keep crashing my games?

YoshiTheGamer

Commendable
Nov 4, 2016
Hey guys i have Avast antivirus but every time i start a steam game it crash (game crash) but when i disable protection from Avast then i can play games so is there anything that i can do to play games and still have antivirus enabled?

Solution
Make sure you have your anti-virus updated to the latest version. If you are running couple anti-virus solutions, do not, that can cause issues. I am not sure if that particular game has any custom modifications, but if you are using them, it could be a cause of that.

It could, in very rare cases be malware related. I would recommend you do a scan with Malwarebytes and Hitman Pro, to clear up any suspicions.

clutchc

Distinguished
Have you updated Avast recently, the pgm I mean. Avast used to be a problem that way years ago. I've used MSE forever since my experience with Avast years ago and no problems... ever.

Another thing to try is to run something like CCleaner and have it perform the Clean and Registry portions. It can solve a myriad of software conflict and registry issues along with cleaning up resource-wasting crap as well.

JoshRoss

Estimable
Jul 11, 2017
Make sure you have your anti-virus updated to the latest version. If you are running couple anti-virus solutions, do not, that can cause issues. I am not sure if that particular game has any custom modifications, but if you are using them, it could be a cause of that.

It could, in very rare cases be malware related. I would recommend you do a scan with Malwarebytes and Hitman Pro, to clear up any suspicions.

Solution

Avast-Team

Estimable
Mar 3, 2017
I'd like to help with this however I can. First, make sure that Avast is fully updated by running an Online Repair (Control Panel -> Highlight Avast -> Click Change -> Select Repair from the dialog)

Then, add an exclusion for your game's directory into Avast's Behavior Shield, File Shield, and CyberCapture. This is likely happening because the application is behaving in a certain way that is triggering Behavior Shield, but it could be due to other factors as well. Adding an exclusion should resolve the problem, but you can also submit a false positive report here: https://www.avast.com/false-positive-file-form.php