why is my card being rejected

Jun 30, 2018
all of a sudden my external card is being rejected and my Samsung wants to formatt the disc. this will erase all my pics and data. why is this happening?

Solution
Could be a few things. Was the card removed at all? If yes, then it could have been damaged or gotten a bad file on it. If not, it could be damaged again due to a bad file, or there could be a virus, malware, etc on the phone causing the issue.

Try checking the device for viruses, malware, etc. Also try uninstalling, then restart (turn off and back on) the phone after you have done all uninstalls, to see if that resolves it.

Should this not work, try putting the card in a different device and see if that device can read the card. If it can, then the problem is with the phone. If it can't, then the card may well be damaged. If you can access it through another device, be sure to save the data from it.

In the future, don't use a SD...
Could be a few things. Was the card removed at all? If yes, then it could have been damaged or gotten a bad file on it. If not, it could be damaged again due to a bad file, or there could be a virus, malware, etc on the phone causing the issue.

Try checking the device for viruses, malware, etc. Also try uninstalling, then restart (turn off and back on) the phone after you have done all uninstalls, to see if that resolves it.

Should this not work, try putting the card in a different device and see if that device can read the card. If it can, then the problem is with the phone. If it can't, then the card may well be damaged. If you can access it through another device, be sure to save the data from it.

In the future, don't use a SD card as your place to save info. They are to easily damaged or stolen. Better to back up to a computer, google account, cloud account, etc.

Solution