Why is my laptop's audio so horrible?

Solution
You can pay $2000 and still get terrible audio. That's just how it is, 99% of laptops have garbage speakers that are the speaker equivalent of $5 earbuds, i.e. high treble, muddy midrange and anemic bass. There are a handful of laptops out there with decent speakers, but it's hard to track them down as you have to find review that specifically test them. Unfortunately, it's been years since I've bothered with laptops so I can't even really point you in the right place, but I can at least tell you that you shouldn't even bother trying to track down these mythical machines as the overwhelming majority of portables just don't have a decent audio solution, period.

doubletake

Honorable
Sep 30, 2012
You can pay $2000 and still get terrible audio. That's just how it is, 99% of laptops have garbage speakers that are the speaker equivalent of $5 earbuds, i.e. high treble, muddy midrange and anemic bass. There are a handful of laptops out there with decent speakers, but it's hard to track them down as you have to find review that specifically test them. Unfortunately, it's been years since I've bothered with laptops so I can't even really point you in the right place, but I can at least tell you that you shouldn't even bother trying to track down these mythical machines as the overwhelming majority of portables just don't have a decent audio solution, period.

Solution