why some people likes to buy an ipad instead of a desktop even they khnow ipad cant

Yusuf Il

Estimable
Aug 16, 2014
ipad cant play Microsoft flight simulator x
ipad cant play battlefield 4
ipad cant playcall of duty ghosts
ipad cant play the sims 4
ipad will not play mafia 2 or far cry 4
ipad wil never play watch dogs
--
ipad will play angry birds
why we need to play angry birds instead of the sims 4
also ipad screen is only 6 inch it makes my eyes hurt

but my desktop screen is 50 inch better

Solution
Well you're focusing primarily on one specific task, that is gaming. The person may not be looking for that, or may instead just want to play casual games. iPads are also quite sufficient enough to do most office tasks (especially now that Microsoft Office is available on the App Store), and they have a big advantage over pcs in the fact that they are portable and easy to carry.

Then again it just could be that they don't know enough about PCs and iPads, and simpl want to get an iPad because its new and fancy.
I have an uncle who knows barely anything about computers, and he bought an iPad over a new PC, but it suited him, because he only needed to use it for basic tasks, which were were well under the capability of an iPad.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Because some users only need the functionality of an iPad (or another other tablet device), especially the portability of the device. Hard to take a 50 inch display with you to work, on a bus/train/plane, etc.

You really can't directly compare an iPad (or any tablet) to a laptop or PC. They are intended to do different things.

CheeseDip

Estimable
Sep 8, 2014
Well you're focusing primarily on one specific task, that is gaming. The person may not be looking for that, or may instead just want to play casual games. iPads are also quite sufficient enough to do most office tasks (especially now that Microsoft Office is available on the App Store), and they have a big advantage over pcs in the fact that they are portable and easy to carry.

Then again it just could be that they don't know enough about PCs and iPads, and simpl want to get an iPad because its new and fancy.
I have an uncle who knows barely anything about computers, and he bought an iPad over a new PC, but it suited him, because he only needed to use it for basic tasks, which were were well under the capability of an iPad.

Solution

Rationale

Estimable
Mar 21, 2014
Is this a serious question, or are you intentionally ignoring the obvious reality?

People buy devices for many different reasons other than gaming. Many people don't even care about gaming. Why would a non-gamer ever get a larger, more expensive, less efficient, and more bulky desktop system that you can't take out of your house, just because it can run games that they don't even want to play?

Granted, the iPad is a bit of a mystifying choice for a tablet, since like most Apple products it's rather slow and overpriced compared to competing tablets like the Samsung Galaxy Note or the Nexus 7. But still a better option for many people than a desktop.