Question WHY WINDOOOWS??

Jul 20, 2019
When I got my laptop it had Win 8.1 installed. Showed only 3.68GB RAM usable but when I installed all GPU drivers also for Nvidia I got it resolved.. Showed 4GB.. Then I upgraded to WIN 10, no probs... And now I got the same problem again.. I understand that I have fixed 64MB to intel gpu, however back then it showed me 4GB, now it shows 4GB (3.89GB usable).. Please help me get this resolved.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Does your system only have 4GB of memory installed? If so, this is normal. Some memory is reserved for hardware/device management. You are losing nothing.

If you have more than 4GB of memory installed, are you using a 32-bit version of Windows? 32-bit operating systems can only use 4GB of memory. In this scenario, you would have to install a 64-bit operating system to access the memory beyond 4GB.

Jul 20, 2019
Does your system only have 4GB of memory installed? If so, this is normal. Some memory is reserved for hardware/device management. You are losing nothing.

If you have more than 4GB of memory installed, are you using a 32-bit version of Windows? 32-bit operating systems can only use 4GB of memory. In this scenario, you would have to install a 64-bit operating system to access the memory beyond 4GB.

Well, I do have like both? I mean system is 64bit but also whows x86 program files. The problem is before I was able to install only 64bit, but now windows doesnt even ask and installs both.. Its really bugging me because since I dont ahve full 4GB steam for example doesnt allow me to run certain games. It says I dont meet minimum req., tho' with 4GB before I was able to run those games..