Why won't my laptop start up

brandon236

Honorable
Oct 7, 2012
For some reason my laptop won't start. What happens is when I boot it up, it shows the acer logo (which it usually does) and then it goes to a blank screen and then does nothing. It doesn't show any error message and I don't know what I did that caused my laptop to do this. So why isn't my laptop showing me the login screen?

Update: So something else just happened. This time when I tried to restart my laptop I got a bluescreen that said VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR. Does anyone know what that means?

Solution
This is a graphics driver error, boot to safe mode, go to Device Manager, uninstall the graphics driver and go to your GPU manufacturers website and download the most current driver. This should resolve the issue, if it doesn't you may have either a GPU or memory problem.

Kissmyne

Estimable
Jan 30, 2015
This is a graphics driver error, boot to safe mode, go to Device Manager, uninstall the graphics driver and go to your GPU manufacturers website and download the most current driver. This should resolve the issue, if it doesn't you may have either a GPU or memory problem.

Solution