Why Yielding to Gamer Demands May Be Bad for Microsoft

Status
Not open for further replies.

someperson123

Honorable
Jul 11, 2013
I still hold that a complete redaction of the online check-in, and thus eliminating the digital copy features, was a poor decision. The consumer, on average, is rather short-sighted and seeks immediate gradification from a product. It is not the consumer that develops product evolution, but they drive it with money.

Honestly, I think that a more conservative (one could say Steam-like) approach to the online check-in woud have been the better compromise, that being a 30-day check-in. That would allow us to retain the evolutionary digital features Xbox One initially offered, yet not feel as hindering to consumers.

With that said, I do believe the Kinect was never 100% required, but Microsoft is so behind the product, they don't want to see people tossing it aside as soon as they open the Xbox packaging. Thus, poorly spoken PR reps decided to say it was required.

someperson123

Honorable
Jul 11, 2013
I still hold that a complete redaction of the online check-in, and thus eliminating the digital copy features, was a poor decision. The consumer, on average, is rather short-sighted and seeks immediate gradification from a product. It is not the consumer that develops product evolution, but they drive it with money.

Honestly, I think that a more conservative (one could say Steam-like) approach to the online check-in woud have been the better compromise, that being a 30-day check-in. That would allow us to retain the evolutionary digital features Xbox One initially offered, yet not feel as hindering to consumers.

With that said, I do believe the Kinect was never 100% required, but Microsoft is so behind the product, they don't want to see people tossing it aside as soon as they open the Xbox packaging. Thus, poorly spoken PR reps decided to say it was required.

Status
Not open for further replies.