Status
Not open for further replies.

_Cosmin_

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2006
You should not encurage users to send encrypted e-mails only with sensitive data.
Anyone who survey their computer will see a pattern and will be encouraged to try to decrypt them! And with Amazon server farm you can rent at low costs anyone can brute-force them in little to no-time (think how fast NSA will do it)... and have access to ALL YOUR CRITICAL INFO.
On the other hand, when you encrypt all your mails and they try to decode them only to find plain talking... they will loose interest and chances are that your sensitive info will pass un-noticed.

eodeo

Distinguished
May 29, 2007
I dislike NSA with great intensity. If it weren't for their illegal spying I wouldn't care to try to encrypt anything. I wish they would arrest themselves already...

shin0bi272

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2007
I got tired of google reading all of my emails and got hushmail instead. They dont read your emails and you can encrypt them if you choose to with the whole security password thing mentioned in this article.

SuckRaven

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2008
The guy's name is Spies? HAHAHAHAHAHAH "chief technology officer of Voltage Security" HAHAHAHAHAH. I wonder who hired him.

pbrandoli

Honorable
Sep 20, 2013
We are tackling the email encryption problem on a different level: we are writing a completely new protocol where public keys are distributed automatically via a DHT and the mails are always encrypted without user intervention.
The system is peer to peer (doesn't need any central server) and uses the Distributed Hash Table to distribute the keys & the list of available mails. When the recipient is offline then the mails are stored temporarily on other peers and then transferred using a bittorrent-like protocol when the recipient is back online.
More info here: http://igg.me/at/flowingmail/x/3978171

Status
Not open for further replies.