Solved! WI-Fi No Signal, iPhone 3G

crosscut49

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2009
So, I have an iPhone 3G and have for a few weeks now. On most occasions, I use the iPhone in the basement, but recently, about a day ago, I stopped receiving a WI-FI connection.

I'm on OS 3.2.1 and my iPhone is jailbroken. I've never had a problem connecting to my wi-fi from the basement before, it's only very recently become a problem. I've tried to reset the network settings multiple times and have obviously rebooted my phone a few times over. I've also replugged the router+modem a few times.

WiFiTrak says that my connection on the 1st floor (router on 2nd) is -90, and when I go into the basement, the signal in its entirety disappears. The one on my computer is in its normal state.

Anyone have any ideas on what's up? Kinda pissy that its worked before, and for an unknown reason, it stopped.

Solution
I agree that it can be a strange issue. Just about the only things you can do would be to relocate the router or if you are out of date on it, invest in a new one, say like an "n" standard router. If you already have one, a firmware update could help the signal.

crosscut49

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2009

Yeah, it's only in the basement. I could imagine a wi-fi wouldn't work in the basement, but it did previously and steadily. Now, nothing.

I agree that it can be a strange issue. Just about the only things you can do would be to relocate the router or if you are out of date on it, invest in a new one, say like an "n" standard router. If you already have one, a firmware update could help the signal.

Solution