WI FI running low on HP

Villy

Commendable
May 14, 2016
Hi guys,

I just bought myself a HP 250 G4, with Intel Core I3 and the WI FI connection it's running really slow (3 - 12 Mbps); on my phone the speed is between 35-56 Mbps.
I have installed the latest version for the WI FI drivers but the connection is still slow.
I have Avast anti virus on it.

Any advise?

Thank you!

Solution
Think that's about what I would expect, it's a dual core CPU, with 4GB of DRAM so not much DRAM even available after loading OS, any bloatware there may be on it, and sharing DRAM with the iGPU, slow HD (5400 RPM). Might check if there is a newer BIOS available or consider a DRAM upgrade which might help but wouldn't count on it.
Hi,

How far is the wireless router from the laptop? Here are some troubleshooting steps that may help.
- First, is to try using the laptop hardwired and run a speedtest again.
- If it's normal using hardwired connection, do uninstall/reinstall the wifi adapter.
- Go to Device Manager and uninstall the wifi adapter.
- Reboot the laptop once completely uninstalled and it should reinstall the driver automatically.
- After the reboot do test it again and see if the same problem will persist or not.
- But if the internet speed is the same while it's connected hardwired, do try disabling the antivirus of your the laptop and see if there will be a difference.

Here are other troubleshooting steps that may help as well.
http://www.tomshardware.com/faq/id-2751316/connectivity-issues-windows-fixes.html

Tradesman1

Honorable
Think that's about what I would expect, it's a dual core CPU, with 4GB of DRAM so not much DRAM even available after loading OS, any bloatware there may be on it, and sharing DRAM with the iGPU, slow HD (5400 RPM). Might check if there is a newer BIOS available or consider a DRAM upgrade which might help but wouldn't count on it.

Solution