Solved! wifi adapter disables all the time

Solution
I see. Have you tried redownloading and installing the drivers yourself directly? It is possible something has removed them. It happens. Especially if in Windows 10 and it updates or you updated to Windows 10.

You may want to try starting up in "Safe Mode with Networking" and see if it will be fine from there. If it won't then it may well be hardware. If that is the case your WiFi card could be going and that can sometimes cause the system to remove the drivers. If that is the case, you would have to either replace the internal card, or get an external one.

However if it does work in "Safe Mode" (granted most programs and access won't but you can test your internet), then there may be something on the device that is interfering. Bad...
Try this....

1. Go to "Control Panel".

2. Next go to "Network and Internet" and then "Network and Sharing".

3. Now click on "Manage Wireless Networks".

4. On this screen, remove all wireless connections by "right clicking" on it and select "Remove network" from the drop down menu.

5. After doing this, close the open windows and reboot the computer.

6. Once the computer is fully reloaded, scan for the "WiFi networks".

7. Click on the available network that you want to access and select "connect".

8. It takes a moment, but then you will be asked to give a password for your WiFi connection. Type in the password and click the "connect" button.

It should now be connected.

NOTE: If this doesn't work, you may want to reset your modem/router, and then once it is fully loaded again, repeat the above steps.

If this doesn't work, test seeing if your laptop will connect via Ethernet. If so, then your WiFi card may be going. You can either look to replace it/have it replaced, or get an external (plugs in via USB) WiFi card.

Another way to try it is to...

1. Go to "Settings".
2. Click on "Network & Security" and then click on "WiFi".
3. Now click "Manage known networks".
4. Select the WiFi connection you want to remove.
5. Click the "Forget" button.
6. After doing this, close the open windows and reboot the computer.
7. Once the computer is fully reloaded again go to "Settings".
8. Click on "Network & Security" and then click on "WiFi".
9. Now click "Manage known networks".
10. Click "Add a new network" and enter the network name.
11. Using the drop-down menu, select the "network security type".
12. Check the "Connect automatically" option.
13. Now check the "Connect even if the network is not broadcasting" option and click "Save".

Once you have completed these steps, whenever the device is within range of that particular network, it should automatically connect to it.

marlo0oty

Prominent
Dec 17, 2017

Sorry i didnt explain enough .i explained my full problem here http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-3595038/wifi-adapter-disables-time.html but no one answered after some digging i found out that the wifi adapter disables and device manager without having any note on the icon and when i click properties its says no drivers are installed for the device even if i enable it . it wont do anything so i disable it again and the device manager lags and dont respond until i close it by force and re open it again then i do the same thing and the same problem comes again ik alot about computers and im 90% sure thats a software problem . what i dont want to do is to reset all passwords for wifi because it will be alot of time to re type again

rgd1101

Don't
MERGED QUESTION
Question from marlo0oty : "wifi adapter disables all the time"

I see. Have you tried redownloading and installing the drivers yourself directly? It is possible something has removed them. It happens. Especially if in Windows 10 and it updates or you updated to Windows 10.

You may want to try starting up in "Safe Mode with Networking" and see if it will be fine from there. If it won't then it may well be hardware. If that is the case your WiFi card could be going and that can sometimes cause the system to remove the drivers. If that is the case, you would have to either replace the internal card, or get an external one.

However if it does work in "Safe Mode" (granted most programs and access won't but you can test your internet), then there may be something on the device that is interfering. Bad program, malware, virus, etc. You would then have to find and remove the problem items, reboot and see if it works fine.

How to enter "Safe Mode" when booting the computer.

In Windows 8 and 10...

As your computer restarts, press F8 (possibly a few times) to enter "Safe Mode"

a. Press the "F4" key to Enable "Safe Mode".
(The computer will then start in "Safe Mode" with a minimal set of drivers and services.)

b. Press the "F5" key to Enable "Safe Mode" with Networking.
( Once "Safe Mode" with Networking starts, Windows is in Safe Mode, with additional network and services for accessing the Internet and other computers on your network.)

c. Press the "F6" key to Enable "Safe Mode" with Command Prompt.
(In "Safe Mode" with "Command Prompt" starts Windows in Safe Mode, with a Command Prompt window instead of the Windows interface. This option is mostly only used by IT professionals.)

Now sign in to the computer with your account name and password. (If you have one set.) When you are finished troubleshooting, you can exit "Safe Mode" restarting your computer.

In Windows 7/Vista/XP...

1. Immediately after turning on the computer, or restarting it (usually after you hear your computer beep), tap the F8 key, repeatedly, in 1 second intervals.

2. The computer will then display hardware information and run a memory test.

3. Next the "Advanced Boot Options" menu will appear.

4. In the "Advanced Boot Options" menu use the arrow keys to select "Safe Mode" or "Safe Mode with Networking" and press ENTER.

Solution

marlo0oty

Prominent
Dec 17, 2017

Sure i will see but u know its like when i try to connect or disconnect from one another wifi about 2 times or more or sometimes i connect to a wifi which in range it stays connecting the the strength of the wifi bar greys out ( the five bars for the strength of how the range is ) like its not in range then its disabled im on windows 10 latest update bought the laptop with it everything is up to date and i noticed something when i play YouTube on 480p it will have a little buffering in the same time i was watching i switched to 4k and it had the little buffering idk how but the laptop doesnt want to take the speed.

edit.
http://prntscr.com/hz4ydc i noticed this was on and i unchecked it if anything happens i pm u is it okay ?

marlo0oty

Prominent
Dec 17, 2017

still the same problem