Question wifi behavoir change, MediaPad M3 8 LTE 4G

Jun 17, 2019
Last week our Huawei tablet dropped DNS resolution. Error messages said we'd lost wifi, but could still reach Plex server within my network; the M3 just didn't see outside the network. Network topology hasn't changed in ages.

Okay, I DID just add an Nvidia Shield - they share a gateway, but I see both connecting to independent IP addresses checking my router.

Only other oddity is I'd left a pay-as-you-go sim in after our last vacation, and - when I'd given up and was about to do a hard reset on the thing - I pulled out the memory card and there was the sim ... I took that out, rebooted, and everything worked again. For a couple days.

It quit again yesterday, so I put my phone on tether mode - was able to get online and run updates on the M3. Huawei's built-in diagnostics were unhelpful - maybe it just has some bone to pick with the home wifi (Archer dual band, current firmware).

So - hardware issue? Or some cryptic setting? It's birthday is in less that two weeks so there's that (warranty!). How DOES one diagnose Android network weirdness?

Thanks.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Drheck Android Tablets 1
L Android Tablets 1
W Android Tablets 1
R Android Tablets 1
S Android Tablets 1
Z Android Tablets 4
S Android Tablets 1
J Android Tablets 1
C Android Tablets 2
A Android Tablets 1