Wifi doesn't have a valid ip configuration...only on restart

Christopher_420

Commendable
Oct 7, 2016
I have an Asus g751jy. I'm getting really frustrated because I have searched everywhere for an answer for this problem, but no luck. I've even posted on Tom's Guide and have only gotten one response with a very generic fix which did not work. I'm very computer techie and I've literally exhausted all my options.

Problem:
Every time I start up my laptop (seems it is always when I haven't used it for a few hours), it won't connect to the internet. I use this laptop as an away from home laptop (shcool, starbucks, wherever there is free wifi), so it is constantly getting connected to various wireless networks.

Here's the current fix:
Restarting my laptop one time. I know it sounds weird, but literally, the only way for it to receive full on internet is to restart my laptop. Before I restart the laptop, it's able to connect to and find wireless connections perfectly fine, but the process of it actually allowing websites to be fully up and running won't happen until I restart the laptop.

When I use the Windows Troublehshoot, it says "'Wifi' doesn't have a valid ip configuration." This happens only before I restart the laptop. Once I restart, it all fine. I will have to say that this problem started happening mostly around the time of Windows major update last month. Before, the laptop worked perfectly fine on the first start up.

Can anyone please help with this? Much appreciated.

Is there something that is loading, or not loading, on the computer on the first boot that is different on the restart? Also, you say it is the first time it doesn't work, but is the computer actually 'off' for this, or is it just sleeping or in hibernate? If it is the latter two, then that is very different.

Christopher_420

Commendable
Oct 7, 2016

Nothing is loading on the first boot that isn't loading on the second boot. Also, the problem exists from the last time I shutdown my computer. No hibernation or sleeping from last turn off.

Sometimes the internet shutdown when the screen shuts off but not going to sleep. I'm not sure.