Solved! Wifi network computer can't see Ethernet connected computer

fred1972

Commendable
Jan 10, 2019
My Win10 wifi-connected laptop and my Win7 ethernet-connected desktop used to connect to the Internet and saw each other to share files, the Internet etc no problems. I bought a new Win10 desktop but have the same router and laptop. It connects to my network, gets the Internet and sees itself and the laptop. The router and laptop haven't changed. However the laptop doesn't see the desktop. Nor does it show itself on the Explorer Network. The only computer it shows is a "RalinkLinuxClient" which I've never seen before. It's MAC address is cc:95:d7:88:63:68. It does have access to the Internet and it's connected to the same home net that it used to connect to.

Note. The preview shows a grinning green face. That is actually a colon in front of a d.

Solution
Are you sure your 'new' desktop is actually new? If it is coming up as something else like that in your list, that isn't a new device. Someone has had it and may have actually had another OS on it. My advice, return it and have them exchange it for another.
Are you sure your 'new' desktop is actually new? If it is coming up as something else like that in your list, that isn't a new device. Someone has had it and may have actually had another OS on it. My advice, return it and have them exchange it for another.

Solution