Solved! WiFi seems to have problem.

George McReary

Estimable
May 3, 2015
Hello. I have a Lenovo G50-30 Laptop with windows 10 Enterprise x64 installed. I am having a problem in which, my laptop disconnects from my WiFi, and then it never works again unless I restart my pc. It shows a desktop icon with yellow triangle and shows message that I am connected to a limited WiFi. Clicking on the icon will show me only 3 options which are WiFi, Airplane mode and Hotspot. WiFi and Hotspot buttons doesn't work while airplane mode works but after again turning it off, it goes back as previous. While the pc is in this state, I can't open anything related to network. Like Network and sharing center, clicking on it will just make control panel going not responding and also the network settings in Windows 10 Settings app. I tried installing drivers from Lenovo official site doesn't work. I reinstalled windows 10 via Reset but keep my files, for some time it did work but after 2 days here I am again. Ethernet works properly. Idk what's wrong. I suspected it's cuz if some virus or something and I had fully system scan twice via Quick Heal Total. It said no virus. But the problem still exists. Please help me.

Solution
Then your card may have problems and be going bad. You said Ethernet works fine. If you can borrow one, I would try an external WiFi (connects via USB) and see if you get the same problem. If not, then it is the internal one. It would either need to be replaced, or you can get your own external one and use that.
Try a more in depth scan for viruses and also malware. You would need better programs for that (more than one as they are not the same thing and most antivirus softwares don't check for malware).

Also, you may want to try the following...

1. Go to "Control Panel".

2. Next go to "Network and Internet" and then "Network and Sharing".

3. Now click on "Manage Wireless Networks".

4. On this screen, remove all wireless connections by "right clicking" on it and select "Remove network" from the drop down menu.

5. After doing this, close the open windows and reboot the computer.

6. Once the computer is fully reloaded, scan for the "WiFi networks".

7. Click on the available network that you want to access and select "connect".

8. It takes a moment, but then you will be asked to give a password for your WiFi connection. Type in the password and click the "connect" button.

It should now be connected.

NOTE: If this doesn't work, you may want to reset your modem/router, and then once it is fully loaded again, repeat the above steps.

If this doesn't work, test seeing if your laptop will connect via Ethernet. If so, then your WiFi card may be going. You can either look to replace it/have it replaced, or get an external (plugs in via USB) WiFi card.

Another way to try it is to...

1. Go to "Settings".
2. Click on "Network & Security" and then click on "WiFi".
3. Now click "Manage known networks".
4. Select the WiFi connection you want to remove.
5. Click the "Forget" button.
6. After doing this, close the open windows and reboot the computer.
7. Once the computer is fully reloaded again go to "Settings".
8. Click on "Network & Security" and then click on "WiFi".
9. Now click "Manage known networks".
10. Click "Add a new network" and enter the network name.
11. Using the drop-down menu, select the "network security type".
12. Check the "Connect automatically" option.
13. Now check the "Connect even if the network is not broadcasting" option and click "Save".

Once you have completed these steps, whenever the device is within range of that particular network, it should automatically connect to it.

George McReary

Estimable
May 3, 2015
I did what you said but the problem now is a little bit different. The Wifi disconnects by automatically within a few min. Then I can re-connect it again which was not possible before. After doing this for a few times, it again goes to yellow triangle mark and then I can not access Network settings over Control Panel/Settings app.

I have Quick Heal Total which also has a anti malware application, I ran tests multiple times to find nothing. I even had my PC scan at the boot time. But nothing works.

George McReary

Estimable
May 3, 2015

Quick heal scans for both malware and Viruses. Now the major problem is that WiFi disconnects by itself. I removed the option which enables windows to turn off WiFi to save power but still it disconnects within a few min.

Then your card may have problems and be going bad. You said Ethernet works fine. If you can borrow one, I would try an external WiFi (connects via USB) and see if you get the same problem. If not, then it is the internal one. It would either need to be replaced, or you can get your own external one and use that.

Solution