Question WIFI Speakers

Oct 21, 2024
I have a Yamaha RXV675 receiver. My stereo system is installed in the front office of house. I want to put speakers on my patio as ZONE 2 but do not want to run speaker cables. Is it possible to utilize wifi speakers with this reciever? Is there a seperate amp/transmitter that is needed that will hook to the receiver? Looking for all available options. I think it is too far for a quality Bluetooth connection.

Dave

CParsons

Estimable
Staff member
Dec 4, 2019
I have a Yamaha RXV675 receiver. My stereo system is installed in the front office of house. I want to put speakers on my patio as ZONE 2 but do not want to run speaker cables. Is it possible to utilize wifi speakers with this reciever? Is there a seperate amp/transmitter that is needed that will hook to the receiver? Looking for all available options. I think it is too far for a quality Bluetooth connection.

Dave
That receiver supports AirPlay as well as the Yamaha AV Controller app and Music Cast. You shouldn't really need much as else from my understanding provided you don't mind using some apps to control the music but I admittedly, might be missing something like needing the YWA-10 Wi-Fi Adapter as noted on the page.

Oct 21, 2024
That receiver supports AirPlay as well as the Yamaha AV Controller app and Music Cast. You shouldn't really need much as else from my understanding provided you don't mind using some apps to control the music but I admittedly, might be missing something like needing the YWA-10 Wi-Fi Adapter as noted on the page.
I understand what you are saying... I think. However I am not looking to stream music. I have an extensive Album collection and CD collection. I want to play those and use zone 2 speakers for the patio. How do I use speakers on the receiver zone 2 that are not hard wired?