will windows 10 slowdown my laptop?

Fier

Estimable
Jun 30, 2015
My laptop is an intel i3 370m @ 2.4ghz, and 4gb ram, with windows 7, if get windows 10 will it slowdown my laptop?

Solution
If your pc specs meet all the criteria in the reserve icon then no. It is supposed to be quicker than 7 and 8. My best advice is to either back up all files and then upgrade when it is available or
To wait until it comes out and then wait about a month until people have actually used the final version.

aldan

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2013
if the windows 10 info is correct,then no,it wont slow it down at all.from all the people ive talked to that have run it,even on older machines,its quick and they have noticed no slow downs.if your running win7 already you will have no troubles with win10.

harryfishrules

Estimable
Jun 26, 2015

Windows 10 is heavily optimised to give maximum performance so I expect not. Back up all of your files and install Windows 10 when available, if it does slow your PC down too much then just reinstall windows 7.

If your pc specs meet all the criteria in the reserve icon then no. It is supposed to be quicker than 7 and 8. My best advice is to either back up all files and then upgrade when it is available or
To wait until it comes out and then wait about a month until people have actually used the final version.

Solution

ivoradev

Honorable
Nov 18, 2012

For some reason, on an Acer notebook with same CPU (i3-370M) I got the message that Windows 10 cannot be installed because this CPU is not supported. What do you see in the Windows 10 window that appeared on most PCs the last weeks?