Win32:GenmaliciousA-UMO Detected in oas.exe

bluecheese1

Estimable
Apr 2, 2014
I recently ran a virus scan using the free version of avast, and it discovered the threat "Win32:GenmaliciousA-UMO [Adw]" in C:\Users:\(user)\Appdata\Local\Microsoft\Windows\INetCache\IE\SH7IW974\Setup[1].exe|>$QUICKLAUNCH\OAS\oas.exe

I have no clue how or when I got the virus, but I believe it may have happened after I loaned my computer to my sister a few months back. There were multiple viruses webroot found, some of which were win32 related. To be clear, webroot expired and I deleted it to replace it with avast. I let avast "fix" the problem automatically, but that didn't do anything at all. I rescanned a day later and the virus had returned from the quarantine while the file avast had quarantined wound up in my temporary internet files. I understand that OAS files are pretty critical, so I don't want to play around too much without some guidance. I have also put forth a bit of time trying to find information online before asking here, but nobody seems to have anything at all to say about this specific virus. All I find is information about other Win32s. How could I go about tackling this specific virus?

bluecheese1

Estimable
Apr 2, 2014
Is there a chance I have something else? I already know Malwarebytes doesn't pick it up. In fact, something on my computer keeps deleting malwarebytes every time my computer either starts up or shuts down, which led me to believe this was more than normal adware. If it's not the win32 malware deleting malwarebytes, what might pick up on this separate malware?