Win7 image to new SSD/mobo need help clearing old drivers

switch420

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2009
Went from a Vertex3 120GB, gtx580 and an Asrock Extreme4 Gen3 Z67 to a GTX670, Crucial M4 256GB and an Asus P8z77-V Pro-
Everything seemed to go smooth BUT I want to:
1)Clear any unused drivers from the past hardware
2)Having sound quality/volume issues...almost seems to surge and cant hear well when playing high quality video files MVK or whatever they are..

Looking for FREE SAFE good programs to help clear it up!

any advice on the sound issue? I'm using logitech 7.1 with the black/green/orangish plugs into my mobo's sound..realtek HD audio manager has it all set-up right when i hit the play/test button in the realtek program...

PhilFrisbie

Distinguished
You should never move an installed copy of Windows from one system to another unless they have almost exactly the same hardware. You can try removing conflicting drivers, but it never has a happy ending and you will eventually reinstall Windows as a result.

switch420

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2009

Seems as though you're right..just sucks as I download all my games off steam and it takes forever.. also I have a separate ssd with programs installed so if I wipe my os drive I gotta redo those. Oh well that's the price I pay! I am starting to see more instability with my games/programs..crashes and such... format here we come. :(