Windows 10 and File Explorer not opening

Status
Not open for further replies.

kill1767

Commendable
May 31, 2016
Hi all!
I now have windows 10, It was working horribly, wouldn't let me go back to windows 8.1 So I was stuck with it. Well not my File explorer will not show up. I can click on it and it will open but I can't not interact with it. I can not see it. But it is open because I can hover my mouse on it and it will try to show up (but only shows my background and the ghosts of other open apps). I don't understand how to fix it. I've tried a lot of different suggestions on different posts about this but none have worked. I have my "Change the size of texts, apps, and other items" at 100% (recommended). Please help! I'm getting severally irritated with it because I don't understand how to fix it!

Solution
Go into c:\windows\system32 and right click the file cmd.exe and select RunAs Administrator.

In the Command form that shows up, at the prompt type
sfc /scannow
and hit Enter.

The System File Checker wll run and try to fix any errors it finds. If that doesn't fix it, nothing short of reinstallation will.
Go into c:\windows\system32 and right click the file cmd.exe and select RunAs Administrator.

In the Command form that shows up, at the prompt type
sfc /scannow
and hit Enter.

The System File Checker wll run and try to fix any errors it finds. If that doesn't fix it, nothing short of reinstallation will.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.