Question Windows 10 Continuous Beeping

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 1, 2020
when i start my laptop i am getting continuous Beep.
during booting its very loud
once i login its low sound beeping 5 beeps then pause and then starts again and goes on and on
if i start suppose YouTube and run any video i don't get the beep
if i pause the video for a minute then again the 5 Beep starts.
i am clueless what is happening.
except laptop battery everything is perfect. i removed the batter and running with power cable also i am getting the BP sound.
mine Dell Inspiron 5510 i5

any suggestions appreciated

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Malik1

Greg Chalik

Great
Nov 28, 2019
This may be too obvious, but look at your boot processes. If this started recently, it is possible you picked up something online that your laptop finds is not kosher. Be careful though. Improper removal may make it worse.

Apr 1, 2020
I haven't used the laptop recently
You said to check boot processes
I'm not that tech savvy. Could you please guide /give steps where exactly to check?
Weirdly it's not occuring when I start any music or vedio.
Appreciate

Greg Chalik

Great
Nov 28, 2019
  1. Restart your PC.
  2. At the sign-in screen, hold the Shift Key down while you select Power > Restart.
  3. After your PC restarts to the Choose an Option screen, select Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Startup Settings > Restart.
  4. After your PC restarts, you'll see a list of options. Select 4 or F4 to start your PC in Safe Mode. Or if you'll need to use the Internet, select 5 or F5 for Safe Mode with Networking.
Also, once you are in Windows, Control+Alt+Delete will bring up Task Manager so you can look to see if anything is there that shouldn't be

Apr 1, 2020
I gave a look at task manager but didn't find any off one, unless if such one runs hidden ?
I will check other options to see as you suggested. Will let you know tomorrow

Appreciate your support

Apr 1, 2020
Sorry for the delay
tried all the steps with F4 mode
But don't see anything suspicious
More over in safe mode the beep didn't stop and played it louder where as in regular start it played low sound after login.
Any other options/suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.