Windows 10 factory reset stuck at 33% please help

Darcie_1

Estimable
Dec 9, 2015
I chose to "remove files and clean drive" but it's been stuck at 33% for 8 hours now. I know there are other forums about this but I don't really understand answers about disks and other stuff. My laptop is pretty old and I have factory reset it before on windows 7 a while back with no problems but it didn't take this long. Should I wait longer? or is there something I can do to fix it? Or is my poor laptop broke? :((

Solution
Hi,

It's not normal if it has been stuck for more than 2-3 hrs I would say. The only way around that is to reinstall Windows 7 back in your laptop and update to Windows 10 again. Use your Windows 7 disc to install it and make sure when done to install the important updates so you would get Windows 10 back flawlessly. If ever you'll get stuck again while installing Windows 7 that means it's a problem with the HDD already and a replacement is the only resolution.
Hi,

It's not normal if it has been stuck for more than 2-3 hrs I would say. The only way around that is to reinstall Windows 7 back in your laptop and update to Windows 10 again. Use your Windows 7 disc to install it and make sure when done to install the important updates so you would get Windows 10 back flawlessly. If ever you'll get stuck again while installing Windows 7 that means it's a problem with the HDD already and a replacement is the only resolution.

Solution