Windows 10 installation

deki093

Honorable
Aug 14, 2012
Hello,

I have windows 7 64-bit on my laptop and i want to install windows 10 on c: disk. After that can i open the files on the d: disk ? Will they be removed or not ? :D

Solution
If you make everything properly and don't touch, whatsoever, in the D:/ partion, then yup. They won't be remove and you'll be able to access them after the instalation.

But, if you ask me, i'd do a backup before installing W10, that way you'll have 100% of chance to get everything you want back.

manddy123

Commendable
Aug 25, 2016
If you make everything properly and don't touch, whatsoever, in the D:/ partion, then yup. They won't be remove and you'll be able to access them after the instalation.

But, if you ask me, i'd do a backup before installing W10, that way you'll have 100% of chance to get everything you want back.

Solution

Rumbletum

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2012
Backup everything you want to keep, in 2 separate places preferably. Test you backups to ensure they aren't corrupted. Install Win 10 on existing physical disk as a clean install. Then create a new D disk and reinstall those items you wanted to keep. This is the safest way.