windows 10 laptop can't access internet, but others can!!!

Pro_Zach_For_All

Prominent
May 25, 2017
I've been searching for a few days now and can't find a solution. It all started a few days ago when my windows 10 laptop decided to connect to wifi but when I when online all it said was "your not connected". I've tryed to uninstall and reinstall my network adapter, tryed to update it, even rebooted my laptop and started fresh, ect. But when I connect it to my cell phones wifi I can use internet. When I connect to other wifi signals that arn't my phone they ether say cant connect to wifi, no internet while connected, or connected/internet but try and go online and get the message your not connected to internet. just for it to pull up google and to stop all together again.

Solution
Have you tried rebooting the router/modem? Yes, I understand that you said other devices are working with it, however that doesn't mean it isn't the issue. It is not uncommon for one single device not to work with it until the router/modem is rebooted. So first I would try that.

If this doesn't work, test seeing if your laptop will connect via Ethernet. If so, then your WiFi card may be going. You can either look to replace it/have it replaced, or get an external (plugs in via USB) WiFi card.
Have you tried rebooting the router/modem? Yes, I understand that you said other devices are working with it, however that doesn't mean it isn't the issue. It is not uncommon for one single device not to work with it until the router/modem is rebooted. So first I would try that.

If this doesn't work, test seeing if your laptop will connect via Ethernet. If so, then your WiFi card may be going. You can either look to replace it/have it replaced, or get an external (plugs in via USB) WiFi card.

Solution