Windows 10 Not Activating. Digital Code. Legit Windows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

M the Q dude

Honorable
Dec 10, 2013
I have an HP laptop with windows 10 reinstalled ( factory installed)
I wanted to reset it.
Resetting through the options failed and my PC did not boot in to the OS anymore. Just went till the starting HP logo screen.
I download windows 10 from Microsoft's site and put it in a USB using another PC to format my laptop completely and re install fresh windows.
Everything went OK but my PC says its not activated. I don't have a code either. My windows is legit it came installed in the laptop from a legit store. It was activated before and it should activate itself from what i read online but it hasn't. Please help.
Thanks,

A point worth mentioning would be that i chose windows 10 home version and x64 when reinstalling. I dont remember if my laptop had PRO and x32 or x64 in it when i bought it. error code 0x803f7001

Solution
UPDATE: I went to the HP office and asked for the windows product key and told them about WiFi issue. They said we will send it to the service centre they will reslve all the issues but it will take 15-20 days. That was too long so I just told them to print out the product keys. I came home realized the idiot gave me the product no and the serial no. of the device. Fortunately when I got home and restarted the PC it started to update itself and I checked the activation menu and it said that the windows servers are busy cant verify. I think that is progress. Ill see what happens if it wont verify in a day or two ill go back to the service center.

USAFRet

Illustrious
When you installed, did it ask for a license key? If so, did you say "I don't have a key"?

Or, try this, from here: http://www.fixerrs.com/2015/11/fix-activation-error-0x803f7001.html

Method 2: Activating Windows 10 using Phone.
This Method Requires you to use your Phone and Call the toll free number. The Method is Shared by one of the Microsoft Support Engineer.
Step 1: Keep holding Windows key and Press R key to open up Run Command.

Step 2: Type Slui 4 in the Run Windows that pops up and hit Enter.

Step 3: Next you will require to Select your Country/Region, So do it and Click Next.

Step 4: You will be Presented with Toll Free number, Use your Phone now and dial the Number to get the Confirmation ID.

Step 5: Once you get the Confirmation ID numbers, Enter them in A to H Field Exactly the way they are Provided.

Step 6: Now Click on Activate, That's all !!!

M the Q dude

Honorable
Dec 10, 2013
Does this number method require an internet connection?
Because my PC will not connect to the WiFi anymore.
And yes i said i don't have a key because some article told me that if you are reinstalling windows you have to choose that option.
Although the WIFI doesn't work i did try the the number method and it didn't work. I called the toll free and toll numbers nothing happened. It said those aren't valid numbers.
Ill try it again if the WiFi connection on the laptop works again ( seems like it wont) and if it fails or the WiFi doesn't fix itself ill take it to the Hp office because i have warranty.
Also another article suggested that i should have gotten a key in the box which i didn't. Ill go and see what happens

M the Q dude

Honorable
Dec 10, 2013
UPDATE: I went to the HP office and asked for the windows product key and told them about WiFi issue. They said we will send it to the service centre they will reslve all the issues but it will take 15-20 days. That was too long so I just told them to print out the product keys. I came home realized the idiot gave me the product no and the serial no. of the device. Fortunately when I got home and restarted the PC it started to update itself and I checked the activation menu and it said that the windows servers are busy cant verify. I think that is progress. Ill see what happens if it wont verify in a day or two ill go back to the service center.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.