Windows 10 should I upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

ganeshkumar1812

Honorable
Oct 15, 2013
So guys I have bought a new laptop and I am offered with a free update to windows 10 should I go for it or not currently I have a windows 8.1 in the lap. Tell me your suggestions with reasons....And yeah I know I can downgrade back to 8.1 in a month if I want to.....laptop model hp ab035tx....Thanks in advance......

Personally, I am going to wait for Service Pack 1 to be released before upgrading. Besides I am currently playing a game (Fallout 3) that has compatibility issues with Windows 10 and based on Google searches the existing fixes to get the game running in Win 7 and Win 8 do not work with Win 10.

The upgrade to Win 10 is free until July 28, 2016 so there is no rush for me.

SP1 will come out whenever it comes out. Probably at least 6 months from now. The point of Service Packs is a cumulative patch of major updates that Microsoft has released for Windows 10. It is even possible that SP1 could be released after July 28, 2016.

I will probably wait until Feb or March 2016 before upgrading whether or not SP1 is released. Hopefully by then most of the initial issues and lots of security patches will have been released. I still like Win 7 a lot which is installed on my desktop and one of my laptops. My other laptop has Win 8.1 so that one will be the first to be upgraded, but not before I make an image of the C: Drive just in case something breaks or I do not like Win 10.

ganeshkumar1812

Honorable
Oct 15, 2013
Ok so imma wait till February like you say and I upgrade to Windows 10 ...if I don't like I can downgrade but will I be able to install Windows 10 again after the free upgrade period assuming I've already updated to Windows 10 and downgraded before the release of service pack 1???

Status
Not open for further replies.