News Windows 10 up brings big taskbar upgrade — but there's one problem

Mar 11, 2021
An upcoming Windows 10 up will make the taskbar a lot more useful, by adding news and weather content.

Windows 10 up brings big taskbar upgrade — but there's one problem : Read more
Thank you for the note, but I find it unfortunate that Windows is making these trivial updates and ignoring a MAJOR limitation in Win10 vs Win7, namely the jumplists. Jumplists are a huge productivity enhancer. In Win7 you could easily change the size of the pinned and unpinned items in the jumplist (which now requires 3 registry hacks), you could right click to drag items from the jumplist to an email or other folder (not currently possible) and you could reorder your jumplist to suit your preferences (not currently possible). Maintaining these useful Win7 features in the current Win10 would seem like a no brainer. I wish you and your forum would push this issue to get the MS team to fix this problem. I would think it would be easy.

Perhaps you could write an article about this feature and curious if you know why the windows team decided against retaining it or just overlooked it.

Mar 12, 2021
The first thing I will need to know when this goes live is how to turn this "feature" off. It's utterly useless.

Reactions: Stoo
Mar 13, 2021
Separation of concerns. What would be nice: a Start button whose purpose is to Start programs, instead of a Start button whose purpose is to distract.

And then you would have a separate button for "Read News Using an Inappropriate and Dysfunctional User Interface" button, which nobody would use by choice. And ideally, another separate button for "Search the Web Using the Wrong Web Browser" button, which nobody would use by choice either.

Reactions: Stoo

Stoo

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2009
Dear Microsoft. If I want to know the weather I'll go the theweathernetwork's website and if I want news I'll go get the news myself from the sites I like. Stop cluttering my desktop with trash. The less I use your OS the better.