Windows 10 won't remember Folder Settings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pacoss

Commendable
Jun 12, 2016
I have been holding out with Win XP untill now but my old PC went bye bye. I got a refurbished one with Windows 10 and so far have been able to make it behave fairly similar to XP (to prevent my old mind from exploding). I cannot seem to find out, however, how to make it remember folder size and settings on a per folder basis like all previous versions of Windows I have used will do. There used to be an option in the "Folder>>View" setting to remember folder settings. I cannot find this option in Win 10. I hope there is someone on this forum that can help me find it. PS setting the options for folder groups like "Photo, Music, Documents" folders will not cut it because that is not how I save stuff. For instance my "Camping' folder will have pictures, word documents, campfire music, URL links etc. Thanks for your help

I'm not on Windows 10 at the moment but can check this later if you wish. I'm sure that View menu hasn't changed but it's a little harder to find but you still go there from Tools then look across to the last icon on the right and hover over it. The Folder options are there and View is still part of it.

Pacoss

Commendable
Jun 12, 2016

Pacoss

Commendable
Jun 12, 2016
Nope it's not in the W 10 "View" option tab. Just verified that "Remember each folder setting" is there on a Vista machine that is nearby but not on my Windows 10. Don't know about a W 7 or 8 as I don't have one handy? It does seem to remember if I set, for instance, icons or detail,s but not the size or shape of the folder.

Status
Not open for further replies.