News Windows 11 problems and fixes — everything we know so far

Oct 23, 2021
Does anybody know if the new patch fixed the video driver lag issue? This is where you get a noticeable (2 sec?) lag when trying to use the mouse on the screen. This is not a good situation in a fast-paced video game.

The solution to the problem is to remove all video drivers and install the windows default. I've got no more lag, but two hirez monitors that show text at 640x480 resolution :(

Last edited:
Mar 30, 2022
I've also found numerous issues with iTunes running on Windows 11. After I upgraded my grandpa's laptop to Windows 11, his iTunes files pretty much just malfunctioned. It started off with deleting all of his 7 years' worth of playlists and then wiping his connected iPod, and now iTunes is struggling to find its music files. I've tried everything under the sun to fix it, including spending numerous hours on the phone with Windows and Apple support. I've finally accepted defeat and will be doing a clean install of Windows 10 on his computer in a couple of days until Microsoft can figure their crap out. P.S. the senior technician at Microsoft that I talked to admitted that Windows 11 has an abundance of compatibility issues with not just Apple applications.

Dec 19, 2022
"Everything we know so far" is missing the huge folder view bugs in Windows 11 that make the OS unusable for many people. The issues have been reported numerous times via the feedback hub and via answers.micorsoft.com, but Microsoft seems to be oblivious. I I just posted a (boring but accurate) video that explains and demonstrates the issues in detail.