News Windows 11 system requirements — check to see if your PC can run it

Jun 25, 2021
The problem I see with the options to verify is in how to determine (1) if you are truly TPM 2.0 and (2) the PC Health Check tool not being specific as to why you may not be compatible. Following your guide, I checked everything I could on my PC:
3.9 Ghz processor (1 socket, 8 cores)
64-bit OS, x64-based processor
16 GB RAM
1 TB storage (742 GB available)
GeForce GTX 960 - DirectX version 12.0
TPM.MSC shows "TPM Ready for use"

Yet, the PC Health Check says my machine is not compatible for Windows 11. Why, specifically? While I have TPM, is it that it is not 2.0?

Last edited:

USAFRet

Illustrious
The problem I see with the options to verify is in how to determine (1) if you are truly TPM 2.0 and (2) the PC Health Check tool not being specific as to why you may not be compatible. Following your guide, I checked everything I could on my PC:
3.9 Ghz processor (1 socket, 8 cores)
64-bit OS, x64-based processor
16 GB RAM
1 TB storage (742 GB available)
GeForce GTX 960 - DirectX version 12.0
TPM.MSC shows "TPM Ready for use"

Yet, the PC Health Check says my machine is not compatible for Windows 11. Why, specifically? While I have TPM, is it that it is not 2.0?
There is a TPM 1.2 and a 2.0.

Requirements are apparently changing all the time.
As well as the compatibility checker tool.

What you see today is not even a Preview version.
I expect many more changes before it is actually released, several months from now.

Patience.

rv7charlie

Prominent
Jun 24, 2021
My big problem (with the article) is that it seems to say I can check for W11 with that app, but that app won't run on W7.

Jan 29, 2023
I hope I have not replied to this post too late.

I have a Dell Optiplex 9020 tower with an i7-4790K and 16 Gigs of ram. I did not have TPM 2.0. I had Legacy not UEFI. I did not have Secure Boot. I am currently on Windows 11 Pro.

Go to Microsoft, download the windows 10 installer, then download the windows 11 installer.

Download 7zip for free.

Use 7zip to extract your windows 10 installer.

Delete the "install" file.

Open the windows 11 installer and copy the "install" file.

Past that file into the extracted windows 10 installer folder.

Run windows 10 installer, note it will say it is installing windows 10.

Windows 11 will install instead.

Perform a SFC Check.

Updates will work great.

If you want to update to UEFI on a Legacy system (such as myself) you will need to use Easeus Partition Master and convert your MBR to GPT. You won't loose data, but you MUST REMEMBER to change your settings in BIOS to load from the UEFI system.