Windows 7 Laptop Freezing (No BSOD) Have to Hard Reset

Drisco

Estimable
Apr 23, 2014
I'm having some trouble and I'm not sure what the issue is. This is the scenario that caused me to crash the last time.

I was listening to music on RDIO and Playing League of Legends. All of a sudden my screen froze. I couldn't move mouse, keyboard wouldn't work, Ctrl+Alt+Delete. I had to hard reset it.

When I restarted my computer, it went to the black screen where it says it recovered from a shutdown and do I want to start in safe, normal, etc. Anyways, It froze on this screen. So I had to restart again. This time it froze up on the beginning where the Asus Logo starts up.

Finally I left it for about 2 minutes. Then it started fine no errors. This has happened a few times. Usually when I'm playing league of legends (Then again that's all I do on my computer most of the time).

This has only started happening recently. My laptop is an Asus 73JH.

The battery doesn't work on my computer and it only works when plugged in. Maybe the problem might have been caused by an update or a system dskchk was going (I can't remember) and I accidentally kicked the cord out and the computer shut down. Not sure if this would cause it though.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

PS. Not sure if it's a heating issue becuase it crashed once when I had HWINFO running and it was at 70Cf

My Life Is Tech

Estimable
Apr 23, 2014
Ah, sounds like the hard drive could be failing. What I would recommend is, if you have any important data on the computer, you should back ALL of it up to a flash drive or something ASAP. Then download and run crystaldiskinfo, link: http://portableapps.com/apps/utilities/crystaldiskinfo_portable and run it. Let me know what it says, it should tell you your hard drive's health. I happen to have the same model laptop as you do.

Oh and whenever it crashes, do you hear a small "beep" coming from the touchpad area or the right-side palm rest?

Aidan Sweeney

Estimable
Mar 1, 2014