Windows 7 starter edition

D34thW4lk3R

Honorable
Apr 17, 2013
Hello guys where can i find windows 7 starter edition drivers???
Cause i formated my netbook and it can't connect to the internet by itself ;(
I don't know what is goin' on!!!

Solution

Well that's good that at least you're content with Ubuntu. :) Proprietary hardware yields proprietary drivers, so sometimes you'll run into difficulties depending on the manufacturer. Sony drivers are always fun... ;) But since Linux is open source and you can't always get the Linux driver from the manufacturer, they're very good about providing many drivers per their repository.

Kindredsouls

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2010
Go to the Netbook manufacturer's website to locate the drivers. If there are any drivers there you cannot find try to identify what the driver is and who made it. Then look on that manufacturer's website. Sometimes I've found I have to go to Intel's website for various drivers that are not on the computer manufacturer's website for whatever reason.

I hope that helps, good luck!

As stated, your first stop is the netbook manufacturer's support page. They should have a simple system that will allow you to search for your model - or you can simply search for it via Google.

If you still have difficulty finding drivers even from their page, you can get the drivers from the component manufacturer's site, as Kindredsouls mentioned (Intel for Intel drivers, Realtek for Realtek drivers, etc.). You may also try programs that do some of the leg work. I don't trust many of them, but 3Dp Chip has always served me well.

D34thW4lk3R

Honorable
Apr 17, 2013

The problem is that when i installed windows t ultimate i could not install any driver though it was available in packards bell official site !!!
IT didnt even have the ethernet controller installed after the clean copy of windows!
Same with starter edition...
Now i installed ubuntu 12.04 and it works fine

Well that's good that at least you're content with Ubuntu. :) Proprietary hardware yields proprietary drivers, so sometimes you'll run into difficulties depending on the manufacturer. Sony drivers are always fun... ;) But since Linux is open source and you can't always get the Linux driver from the manufacturer, they're very good about providing many drivers per their repository.

Solution