Windows 8.1 Toshiba Sat L750 won't turn on

Oct 9, 2018
I have a windows 8.1 Toshiba Sat L750 one day it just shut down and never turned on again. I don't have access to any settings, I have tried all the hard resets. With the battery, without the battery..it just won't turn on. What does that mean? What's the next option?? Help!

darkbreeze

Honorable
It means that the power jack is probably shot. Battery and AC power both go through the power jack assembly inside the unit. If that fails due to a broken connection or burned out trace, then it can't charge the battery and usually won't power on via AC power.

That is a VERY old laptop. The next option is, get a new one. You probably can't find reliable parts for that thing anymore anyway. At least, not new. And used parts are probably not very reliable at this late age. That's a 2nd gen Intel product. MANY years old. It's had a good run, but it's probably time to move on. Replacing the power jack is neither cheap nor easy.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R Laptop Tech Support 2
junior31210 Laptop Tech Support 1
J Laptop Tech Support 1
D Laptop Tech Support 3
mfenton27 Laptop Tech Support 4
S Laptop Tech Support 2
A Laptop Tech Support 11
D Laptop Tech Support 2
J Laptop Tech Support 1
A Laptop Tech Support 5
S Laptop Tech Support 7