I have a Toshiba laptop with Windows 8.. The volume icon is missing from the bottom right corner and I am unable to restore it. I have gone into start menu and found the page which you can turn the icons on/off, however I am unable to click the volume icon on/off. I am also unable to click on the 'restore default icons' button. My laptop has no sound and I don't know what to do. Do you have any suggestions?
Here are some troubleshooting steps that may help in solving that issue.
- Uninstall/reinstall the Sound card driver.
- Go to Device Manager and uninstall the sound driver.
- Reboot your laptop and it should reinstall the driver automatically.
- If it doesn't reinstall automatically, download and install the latest driver from Toshiba's Support site.
- Here's the link: http/support.toshiba.com/drivers
- Once installed do test if you'll get the sound back.
- If all these will not work last resort would be to run a complete factory reset.