Windows anniversary update

Aura__

Estimable
Oct 18, 2015
I have a Hp pavilion laptop and I have an icon for the windows annivasary update. Is it worth updating? I've heard it causes some problems. Can you assist me please? Thanks.

Solution
took my old pc about 45 minutes to update. it's running a q6600 with 4 gb ram. not had any of the issues i have seen others post about. not on any of the 3 systems in my house nor with any of the 100+ client pc's i updated to win 10.

back up important stuff and go for it. if it has issues for you, then simply revert back to old version. there has been a good 3 updates since AU came out which is fixing a lot of the issues as they have popped up. you're less likely to have the isues folks had at launch months ago.
The AU brings some new/improved features so, in that sense it's 'worth' it.

if I understand correctly, the majority of the issues stem from older hardware. If your laptop is relatively new, you're unlikely to experience any issues. Ensure you back up just to be 100% sure.

There;s still plenty of time for the update, so it won't hurt to wait it out a little longer for a smoother install - unless any of the improvements/new additions are needed at the moment.

As with any substantial update, a clean install of the OS is recommended - but not 100% necessary.

Aura__

Estimable
Oct 18, 2015

Math Geek

Estimable
Herald
took my old pc about 45 minutes to update. it's running a q6600 with 4 gb ram. not had any of the issues i have seen others post about. not on any of the 3 systems in my house nor with any of the 100+ client pc's i updated to win 10.

back up important stuff and go for it. if it has issues for you, then simply revert back to old version. there has been a good 3 updates since AU came out which is fixing a lot of the issues as they have popped up. you're less likely to have the isues folks had at launch months ago.

Solution