Solved! Windows explorer froze when clicking on any file.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TypicalOven

Prominent
Jan 7, 2021
When i click on a file on windows explorer, it froze and i cant do anything about it, i can only just end the task in the task manager, And it just shows the "Busy" Cursor. (If your want to know what OS i'm on it's Windows 10, Version 1909.) I tried every fix on YouTube and on the internet, and it didn't work. And when i click on any file and it does the same problem.

TypicalOven

Prominent
Jan 7, 2021
right click or left click?
malware scan the system?
i clicked on any file then it just shows the "busy" cursor and i scanned my pc with the antivirus and it dosent say theres a virus. right click works fine, but left clicking on any file will just freeze windows explorer.

Jan 8, 2021
i clicked on any file then it just shows the "busy" cursor and i scanned my pc with the antivirus and it dosent say theres a virus. right click works fine, but left clicking on any file will just freeze windows explorer.
Check for malware with malwarebytes Anti-Malware and make a backup of your important files. the possibility of a failing hard drive is small but you never know.

TypicalOven

Prominent
Jan 7, 2021
Check for malware with malwarebytes Anti-Malware and make a backup of your important files. the possibility of a failing hard drive is small but you never know.
I checked for malware and it said no viruses. And my hard drive works perfectly, but my windows explorer cant handle a user when he clicks on a file. (And its a mid-end Pc so it should handle it. but it cant.)

Status
Not open for further replies.