Windows Finally Gets One of the Mac’s Best Features

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 5, 2018
Uh, no... there's quite a few more features missing. Don't misunderstand me. I love me some Windows 10. Best Windows ever. I have a Razer Blade Pro 2017, and I'm thinking about buying a HUAWEI MateBook X Pro, except I kinda feel bad giving a company that does nothing but succeed by copying Apple. And I give credit where credit is due. I wish Microsoft Edge ran on Mac. Safari, as of late, is shit.

Anyway, Windows 10 as good as it is, is still just not as "civilized" as the Mac. Consider Target Disk mode on the Mac, where I can connect one Mac to another and use it as an external drive. Even boot from the external Mac if I like. Stuff like that. Consider that the Mac doesn't have that dreaded single point of failure that Microsoft should have gotten rid of long ago.. The Registry. And ultimately wherever Windows can do what the Mac can do, the Mac just does it much more easily.

Still, it's gotten so I have to admit its 6 in one hand half a dozen in the other. My new MacBook Pro though, with 32GB of RAM, is currently simultaneously running the MacOS and a virtual Windows 10 and a Virtual Ubuntu Linux. For development, it's hard to beat a Mac. For testing systems integration it's invaluable. I can simulate all kinds of mixed environments very easily. macOS talking to Windows Server and Exchange all on one MacBook Pro, for instance. Not to mention I can do iOS development on Mac.

Status
Not open for further replies.