Question Windows Hardware Errors (WHEA)

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

fifi93

Great
Apr 27, 2019
I recently got the GE75 RTX 2080 laptop, it came with 2x8gb Ram from factory to my pleasant suprise.

I do have a potentially serious problem:
Windows Hardware Errors (WHEA)
PCI/PCIe Bus Errors

Regardless if the laptop is completely IDLE or if I'm doing something resource intensive there is approximately 1-2 errors each minute.

While gaming in apex legends gave 263 errors in 2h30min (1.75errors/minute).

The errors existed even when the laptop was in stock voltage, atm I have -100mV to combat heat.

7lptpvl.png

fifi93

Great
Apr 27, 2019
So an error that the company knows about and isn't doing anything about. Hmm

Then I would again suggest contacting them. Especially with it being that new.

Well my laptop is MSI, the HP thread is from 2016 so not sure if it is exactly the same problem I am having.

But yeah I think best would be to call MSI not sure if they can help me though.

fifi93

Great
Apr 27, 2019
So an error that the company knows about and isn't doing anything about. Hmm

Then I would again suggest contacting them. Especially with it being that new.

So while using wifi I get 0 errors, it's only when connecting ethernet cable that the whea problems come.

another user with similar problem recommended my to install lan_KillerEthernetSuite_2.0.1134_UWD_x64_9.0.0.49_0xd1bf3323 from MSI site over the windows drivers and for him that solved the problem.

So I think I Will do one last clean Windows 10 install from USB flash drive, after that I will see if there is the WHEA errors, if they are there I will install the lan_KillerEthernetSuite_2.0.1134_UWD_x64_9.0.0.49_0xd1bf3323 and hope that the errors no longer exist when using ethernet.