Windows Phone Beats 88% of Competitors in Speed Test

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

zybch

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2010
[citation][nom]aftcomet[/nom]Why wouldn't they say which phone it was? This is just stupid.[/citation]
HTC Titan I believe.
Its certainly the best smartphone I've ever owned.

ben850

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2009
It's nice to see competitions like this instead of geeks sitting behind computer screens having spec wars that mean nothing in real world usage.

NuclearShadow

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2007
[citation][nom]back_by_demand[/nom]Tin.Foil.Hat.[/citation]

Oh really? Then why does this seem like nothing more than a live marketing ad
with the familiarity of their laptop hunter commercials? It fits within their own advertising past.

In-fact this is nothing new at all salesmen have done this since... well the dawn of salesmen. Pick "random" people out of the crowd and demonstrate your amazing product. Of course the people themselves are in the pitch.

ben850

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2009
[citation][nom]rabidface[/nom]I want to know what phone beat the WP7 test. For a split second you see a guy being given the hundred.[/citation]

It says in the article.. iPhone 4s, Galaxy Nexus, and Droid Bionic.

RabidFace

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2009
[citation][nom]ben850[/nom]It says in the article.. iPhone 4s, Galaxy Nexus, and Droid Bionic.[/citation]
Now I feel like dumb :p I most always read the whole article before posting, but this is one of those times that I failed :)

G

Yeah everybody who says these test aren't scientific: You are right!
And it is much more scientific to claim that WP7 is slower than any other OS without any proof! If you have some proofs (sites of Benchmark etc.) Stop hating start sharing! So we all got some benefit from this.

Greetz from Germany

alextheblue

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2001
[citation][nom]NuclearShadow[/nom]I believe this was all fake.[/citation]Me too! Also, we never landed on the moon, and space aliens are the only reason technology has advanced since the fall of Rome. /sarcasm

Really, fandog? Even on a single core, it's fast. I don't own one, but I can still accept that. WP7 is really underrated. Especially by Verizon. I'd strongly consider getting a Lumia 900/Ace if it ever hit VZW.

alikum

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2008
[citation][nom]sdduran[/nom]windows phone may be fast but still lacks the app support and customization.[/citation]
Which mobile platform doesn't start with 0 app may I ask?

watcha

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2007
[citation][nom]alikum[/nom]Which mobile platform doesn't start with 0 app may I ask?[/citation]

The difference being, when the now established mobile platforms started, there weren't 2 competitors with thousands upon thousands of apps available.

Secondly, of course, what matters is the here and now, not where any of the competitors started.

back_by_demand

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]NuclearShadow[/nom]Oh really? Then why does this seem like nothing more than a live marketing adwith the familiarity of their laptop hunter commercials? It fits within their own advertising past.In-fact this is nothing new at all salesmen have done this since... well the dawn of salesmen. Pick "random" people out of the crowd and demonstrate your amazing product. Of course the people themselves are in the pitch.[/citation]
All the negative comments are along the lines of:-
"It seems like"
"I think this"
"I don't believe it"

If this was an iPhone no-one would question it, people are so in disbelief they would rather say it was fake than give any credit.
Fine, I don't mind, people can keep using whatever phone they want because it's their money and can console themselves with synthetic benchmarks to justify their supposed "fastest cpu/gpu combination.
Whereas this guy did what everyone at expo's do, not just tech expo's but any kind, he took expo attendees, challenged them to a real world test of their choice and 88% of the time he beat them.
He got it on camera.
Now if he has any smarts at all he should take his camera crew to the next big Apple event and bother the guy in the booth to the same tests and if he can duplicate his results, say 8 out of 10 tests, there will still be people who say it is fake whilst all the WP7 phone users out there have a good chuckle that they are using a device that is the fastest in the market in 88% of real world usage.

gm0n3y

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
So he won 88% of the test and only gave away $300 so he won what 22/25 tests? That's not really a large enough sample to even bother talking about.

alikum

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2008
[citation][nom]watcha[/nom]The difference being, when the now established mobile platforms started, there weren't 2 competitors with thousands upon thousands of apps available.Secondly, of course, what matters is the here and now, not where any of the competitors started.[/citation]
My point is, all mobile platforms start with 0 app. Instead of arguing with the availability, let's argue with the growth. Do a check on statistics and you'll realize that WP7 has one of the largest growing app market, perhaps surpassing that of Android at its age.

Status
Not open for further replies.