Wireless Communication Not Working

Aug 9, 2018
So Where my wifi icon is supposed to be,there is a computer with a red x,i tried everything on youtube,and When i tried pressing my communication switch keys,nothing happens,{by communication switch keys,i mean holding fn and f8 down so the radio pops up,and it fixes}please help!When i click troubleshoot,it says i need an ethernet cable,but all i want is to use wireless wifi,please if you can help me you will be a big help,because i just reset my laptop from windows 10 settings and when it was done this happed!

That means there's no Ethernet cable connected, which means it's not detecting your WiFi card/adapter at all (or that the Ethernet connection is taking priority).

Try reinstalling your wireless LAN driver from the OEM's website, and check your Device Manager. If the device is completely missing from there, it could mean the WiFi card has failed and needs to be replaced.

Aug 9, 2018

How do I get to the ome website

Aug 9, 2018

is this the right driver?https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/ca/en/downloads/ds112914,if not please send it to me

Aug 9, 2018

The model is A Lenovo Thinkpad Edge E531 If I’m correct,and I don’t know what you mean by make,if you mean what windows update it is,it’s windows 10 pro,

Aug 9, 2018

It’s a
Lenovo Thinkpad E153 I think and it’s Windows 10