Solved! Wireless headphones playing out of TV and headphones simultaneously

Oct 10, 2020
My Dad has a hearing impairment and has been using a wireless TV system by Geemarc - CL7350 (https://www.completecareshop.co.uk/...X7ZSI8E9cV4i5hJy6LCsB3-R8GRJXXacaArQ2EALw_wcB) on a fairly old TV (not smart). The TV has a SCART port so the headphones are currently connected via this.

He would like to upgrade his TV to a smart TV. However, when I look at smart TVs on the market none of them seem to be compatible with the wireless headphones because they do not have a hdmi adaptor to connect to the TV. The headphones do have a headphone jack, but when this is used with the TV it takes all of the sound out through the headphones. The benefit of these headphones is that sound can come out of the headphones and TV at the same time enabling him to watch TV with others.

I've tried a hdmi/scart adaptor to see if this would solve the problem but this didn't work. He'd be happy to purchase some new headphones if they allowed the sound to come out of the TV and headphones simultaneously. But I haven't been

This problem has been driving me insane for weeks now so any help or advice would be very much appreciated.
Thanks in advance!

Solution
All TV headphone jacks work like that. It is possible to modify the jack to not turn the TV speakers off. A tech could do that but it might void the warranty.
One solution is to use a soundbar instead of the TV speakers.
You would split the audio output or use an HDMI-ARC audio extractor to connect the soundbar and headphone transmitter to the same connection.
Another option would be to find a TV that permits bluetooth headphones and the TV speakers to work at the same time.
The owners manual should tell you that.
All TV headphone jacks work like that. It is possible to modify the jack to not turn the TV speakers off. A tech could do that but it might void the warranty.
One solution is to use a soundbar instead of the TV speakers.
You would split the audio output or use an HDMI-ARC audio extractor to connect the soundbar and headphone transmitter to the same connection.
Another option would be to find a TV that permits bluetooth headphones and the TV speakers to work at the same time.
The owners manual should tell you that.

Solution